Putting the final assembly together last night and installing the electronics identified some issues with the design.
- The pulleys that lift the arm up skip and need to be replaced with chain
- The compression on the intake works, but needs to be refined
- The second roller on the intake needs to be lower
- The bottom roller on the intake needs to be closer to the shooter
- The shooter hood needs to be redesigned and stiffened
— MooBotics (@FRC5926) February 10, 2016
We are going to get this arm working, but a new arm and turret top may be in our future. In any case the drive train needs to be working by Thursday for driver try outs.
On the bright side we found one of those golden shaft collars from Ruland, who has awarded the team $500 in product for the season. Thanks for the support.
Here are some new videos from last night