As with everything, you get out of it what you put into it. The Walt Whitman Robotics Club is no different. The club only exists if volunteers and parents work to make it exist. So if everyone chips in a little bit of time, wisdom, energy and passion this club will be a success. “Be the change you want to see,” by being an active member of the club and change the future with use.
Parent expectation (minimums)
- Parents Attend at least 1 team event during off season
- Parents Attend at least 1 team event during during fall
- Parents Attend at least 1 team event during build season
- Help Cook at least 1 dish for team/family dinners
What Parents Can Do
Your involvement in robotics can ensure the best learning experience for your child. You will also have opportunities to grow and learn.
- Show enthusiasm for your child’s robotics participation. Furnish interest and support.
- Take an interest in your child’s robotics projects and activities. Listen, look and offer suggestions, but don’t take over. A child learns by his or her mistakes and successes.
- Help your child to select robotics projects. Find out what is to be learned and how. Teach him/her the value of projects and presentations done well and on time. Promote learning of time management skills and the importance of follow-through.
- Encourage regular attendance at club meetings and involvement in robotics activities. Attend meetings with them. Get to know the robotics leader. Lend a hand whenever you can. Stay informed about what your child and club are doing.
Parents should also be aware of the expectations placed upon students: Student expectations