- Teachers Attend at least one build session a week
- Teachers Attend at least one fund raising meeting or event a month
- Teachers Attend all local competition events
- Teachers Write at least 1 blog entry per month for the team website
- Teachers fill in the Walt Whitman Robotics Club info form
- Teachers take online diversity training http://swe-learn.articulate-online.com/8951662954
- Mentors Attend at least one build session a week
- Mentors Attend at least one fund raising meeting or event a month
- Mentors Attend all local competition events
- Mentors Sign FIRST waiver online via TIMS
- Mentors fill in the Walt Whitman Robotics Club info form
- Mentors take online diversity training http://swe-learn.articulate-online.com/8951662954
Walt Whitman Robotics Club Volunteer Policies:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be accepted into the program
- Complete required volunteer policy training
- Provide a minimum of 40 hours of service the first year
- Prohibited on School property & at Club sponsored activities
- Abusing alcohol or drugs
- Committing controlled substances offenses
- Committing alcohol driving offense
- Working and volunteering under the influence
- All volunteers who work directly with youth in club programs are required to complete full background checks as part of the volunteer selection process. They are also strongly encouraged to participate in the club Volunteer Orientation session and the training on youth protection.
- All volunteers who work directly with youth in club programs are expected to read, sign, and abide by Volunteer Behavior Guidelines below.
The Code of Maryland Regulations, Section 07.02.07 requires the reporting of child abuse or neglect. An individual shall immediately report suspected child abuse or neglect to the local department of health and human services, or report the suspected incident to a local law enforcement agency. A higher standard of reporting is required of health practitioners, educators, human service workers, and police officers who are required to report both orally and in writing, any suspected child abuse or neglect, with oral report being made immediately and the written report being made with 48 hours of the contact which disclosed the suspected abuse or neglect. For the purpose of this policy, Club Volunteers are considered educators.
- Work in pairs; don’t be alone with a child
Social media guidelines
The Walt Whitman Robotics Club asks that all volunteers refrain from using social media such as twitter, facebook and other similar services to connects with our communicate with students directly and instead use groups.