We started off last weekend making some parts on the CNC machine for our drive train. We learned a lot more abut zeroing than we bargained for as we found out the CNC machine was not fully calibrated in the Y. we will have that fixed on future parts.
Next up, we did some high speed driver testing to start to get our drivers used to 16-18 FPS. Wow is that fast. We have been getting our cycles down and have started looking at sight lines.
Our vision team was also hard at work. We were able to get our hands on some reto reflective rope and found out we could create an auto centering teleop assist command to help us hit the rope with more accuracy. But, we also learned that retro reflectve ropes are illegal so that is out.
Our chief strategists has been running field simulations to better understand how many balls we will be able to pick up and how quickly we can load up after all o the hoppers are empty. It looks like the corners are the place to be fore picking up balls in a hurry.
And of course we have been building and prototyping. We should have our drive train driving around today because of all of the great effort that has been put in this week. On top of that we have a much better idea of how our gear intake and ball intakes will work. As an added bonus. if we get the main robot fully functional by next Saturday, the tea already has plans for adding a high goal shooter. If that is the case, shooter prototyping would be on the schedule in two weeks. much earlier than we planned.
More videos can be found on our 2017 build season play list